Governance Essentials: An Exclusive Seminar for Family Foundation Trustees
Presented by: Features a faculty made up of NCFP senior staff and highly respected philanthropy experts.
Contact Information: To register or for further information, complete the registration form below or contact Michael Goodman at 202.293.3424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date/Time: , 22nd March, 2012, 12:00 PM -, 24th March, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Location: Pew Charitable Trusts Conference Center, Washington, DC
Coming March 22-24 from the National Center for Philanthropy...
NCFP’s Governance Essentials seminar provides a comprehensive introduction to all of the key legal, investment, grantmaking, and family dynamics issues facing new family foundation board members. Featuring a faculty made up of NCFP senior staff and highly respected philanthropy experts, this three day, intensive seminar will cover:
- What does it mean to be a steward of both the public’s trust and your family’s legacy?
- How do you bring your personal giving identity to the foundation’s collective grantmaking?
- What are the qualities and responsibilities of effective trustees and exceptional boards?
- How do you navigate family dynamics at the board table?
- What essential legal rules do you need to know, and what are the more difficult ethical issues you may confront over time?
- How can you grow into a leader for your family’s philanthropy and get the most from this truly special opportunity?
You’ll also enjoy time to mingle with colleagues and visit the nation’s capital’s wonderful restaurants and attractions... including the Centennial Celebration of the National Cherry Blossom Festival!
Download the Governance Essentials flyer and registration form to share with your board members and colleagues:
Featured speakers include:
- Julie Fisher Cummings, Vice Chair, Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- David Dodson, Board Member, Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation and President, MDC, Inc.
- John Edie, Director, PriceWaterhouseCoopers & former General Counsel, Council on Foundations
- Virginia Esposito, President, and Karen Green, Vice President, National Center for Family Philanthropy
- Rush Kidder, Trustee, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation and Founder, Institute for Global Ethics
- Andras Kosaras, Associate, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Sarah Stranahan, Trustee and Pamela Howell-Beach, Executive Director, The Stranahan Foundation
- Danielle York, Vice President, Pitcairn Family Office