Editor’s Note: The National Center is delighted to partner in 2013 with the Bridgespan Group to feature videos from its Conversations with Remarkable Givers series. For our June edition in this series, we share Bridgespan’s interview with Barbara and Pitt Hyde, founders of the Hyde Family Foundations and Autozone, and long-time members of the National Center’s Leadership Circle program. To learn more about the goals and highlights of this remarkable collection of interviews, read the special introduction to this series from our January 2013 issue of Family Giving News by Bridgespan Partner Susan Wolf Ditkoff.
“Just giving money seldom solves the problem”: Barbara and Pitt Hyde offer tips to new philanthropists
Additional Featured Videos:
- Aiming for “dramatic change?” Pitt Hyde says “sweat equity” is worth far more than capital
- Not so fast: Barbara and Pitt Hyde say recent breakthroughs in TN’s education were years in the making
- Removing a roadblock: Barbara and Pitt Hyde won’t let politics stand in the way of education reform
- “From passive investors to taking on leading-edge issues”: The Hydes reflect on why philanthropy has had a major impact on their lives
- Legacy and leverage: Pitt Hyde explains his family’s heritage of giving and why he focuses solely on Memphis