Editor’s Note: The National Center is delighted to partner in 2013 with the Bridgespan Group to share videos from its Conversations with Remarkable Givers series. In this month’s installment, we feature Bridgespan’s interview with Emmett Carson, founding CEO of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation. Carson has long been one of the field’s most prominent supporters for the power and flexibilty of community foundations, and as the head of one of the world’s largest foundations he is closely following the evolving concept of community and the emerging generation of donors. To learn more about the goals and highlights of this remarkable collection of interviews, read the special introduction to this series from our January 2013 issue of Family Giving News by Bridgespan Partner Susan Wolf Ditkoff.
The future of community foundations: Emmett Carson takes an expansive view of community
Additional Featured Videos:
- A chance to make a difference: Why Emmett Carson gets energized by philanthropy
- Emmett Carson advises donors to follow their passion – and take the time to chart their philanthropic journey
- A challenge for community foundations: Emmett Carson ponders their role in an increasingly global society
- Keeping up with young philanthropists: Emmett Carson welcomes unconventional ideas from Silicon Valley’s innovators
- Generation differences: Emmett Carson says younger philanthropists exhibit four differences from older donors