Changing Corporate Behavior Through Shareholder Activism

American foundations as a group are significant asset owners. By law, foundations are required to pay out about 5% of their assets each year in furtherance of their programmatic goals, but what about the other 95% that remains in a foundation’s endowment? What if this substantial amount of money could be leveraged to further a foundation’s mission and address some of the causes and fallout of the recent financial crisis while preserving and maximizing long-term shareholder value, and strengthening a foundation’s adherence to its duties as a fiduciary?

Get Involved

Search Knowledge Center for Resources!

We’re here to help you on your philanthropic journey. Contact NCFP for support!

Get Assistance

Keep up with trends in family philanthropy. Subscribe to our newsletter!


Family philanthropy improves the quality of life for all. Join our family!

Join Now