Participatory Grantmaking Case Study: Catherine Donnelly Foundation
This case study from GrantCraft's "Participatory Grantmaking Mechanics" series shares the participatory grantmaking practices of the Catherine Donnelly Foundation.
Questions addressed include:
- What are your grantmaking and/or strategic priorities (in terms of geographic focus, issue, etc.)?
- Who decides the grantmaking priorities? The overall strategy for the fund?
- What’s the process by which these decisions are made?
- Is the participatory decision-making process the same for all grant types and sizes? If not, why?
- Who comprises your grantmaking selection panel(s)?
- How are they selected (e.g., by nomination, application, etc.)? How do you think about representation of specific population groups or geographies?
- What, if any, is the term limit for members of the selection panel? Why?