Evaluate an organization: Information for next gen donors
Innovative mission. Beautiful website. Lots of revenue. It can be easy to be impressed by a nonprofit, so how do you determine if an organization is actually doing what it set out to do - and does it well? The process of examining an organization before deciding whether or not it is worthy of your donation is called due diligence and we’re going to guide you through performing this important step.
This special information sheet provides important questions for any Next Gen Donor to ask yourself about an organization including:
- Does the organization have a clearly defined vision?
- Does it seem like the organization’s actions will achieve its vision?
- Is the organization realistic about their ambitions given its resources?
- Does the organization’s leadership and team seem equipped to achieve their mission?
- Does the organization’s staff and board reflect their constituents?