Pursuit of Excellence: A Family Foundation Board Self-Assessment Tool
Pursuit of Excellence (POE) is a project designed to help family foundations understand their current performance as they strive for greater effectiveness. POE offers the first-ever research-based assessment tool specifically designed for family foundations.
The POE Diagnostic Tool allows foundation boards to engage in a short but powerful self-assessment process which allows them to quickly pinpoint areas of shared interest for the group. It was developed for trustees who wish to understand their strengths and discover opportunities for improvement. Unlike others, this tool includes the family-specific aspects of governing and managing a foundation. It not only provides the information families need to measure and compare their individual model of philanthropy with the broader field, it also provides resources to help them put a strong action plan in place to elevate their performance.
Download the POE Flyer to share with board members or clients:
- Results in a comprehensive report providing instant insight into strengths and weaknesses, and areas where perceptions of effectiveness differ
- Requires just 10-15 minutes for board members and staff (optional) to complete
- Produces an action plan for the future
How it Works
- Review the list of POE-trained consultants
- Meet with the consultant of your choice regarding the process
- Complete the 15-minute POE questionnaire
- Review the results as a board for areas of agreement and difference
- Create a plan for moving forward
- $2000 for the POE tool (includes all reports and one year access to Family Philanthropy Online resources)
- Consulting fees to be negotiated with POE consultant
Sign Up Today!