Hiring a new family foundation CEO is one of the most important transitions that any family foundation must go through. The role of a family foundation chief executive is unique—running a philanthropic enterprise in partnership with a family. This webinar, based on the first-ever guides for hiring and orienting a family foundation CEO, will help any family thinking about how to achieve their shared dreams for family philanthropy, and how to find the right person to take you there. Featuring the perspectives of two family foundations that have recently hired a first-time CEO, this call will address topics such as:
- How can you best take stock of where your foundation is now and what you want for its future?
- What are the steps in a good search process, and should you hire outside help to recruit and vet candidates?
- What is the board and board chair’s role in hiring and orienting the new CEO?
- How can new CEOs develop strong board/staff relations while also learning about the foundation, the grantees, and the community?
- How can new CEOs learn to set boundaries and cope with family dynamics, while finding and building a peer support network?
Eden Werring, Executive Director of the Tauck Family Foundation, has dedicated her professional life to helping…View Profile
Leah Gary is the President and CEO of the William J. and Dorothy K. O’Neill Foundation…View Profile