NEW! Performance Review: The Complete Guide to Evaluating the Family Foundation CEO
40% of family foundation CEOs say their board does not review their performance on an annual basis. Yet most CEOs yearn for their boards to invest the energy and time entailed in a thoughtful evaluation. This guide will help boards and CEOs structure an assessment process that maximizes the CEO’s contribution to foundation effectiveness. The guide covers how to:
- Set performance goals that are meaningful and challenging – and still realistic
- Break the frequent “too little too late” feedback pattern to provide continuous – and welcome – communication on CEO performance
- Gather information about the CEO’s progress toward goals
- Use sample self-assessment tools for CEOs
- Motivate, rewardand retain your CEO
The National Center is grateful to U.S. Trust, exclusive sponsor for the National Center's CEO Initiative.