The role of a family foundation CEO is unique, often bridging generations of family members, community leaders, staff, advisors and partners. Expectations can be challenging to meet and boundaries are sometimes vague and ever-changing. Success in this role requires a cadre of specialized leadership skills.
This retreat will help you identify the roles essential to your position—and envision them with new “lenses.” You’ll have the opportunity to explore an analytic framework that can help you bring the best of yourself to challenging situations, and manage them for better outcomes—for you and the foundation.
The retreat will feature two nationally recognized philanthropy experts:
- Jan Jaffe, the creator of GrantCraft, and a senior partner at The Giving Practice through Philanthropy Northwest. Jan developed her approach based on interviews and work with hundreds of grantmakers, including numerous family foundations.
- Virginia Esposito, Founder and President of NCFP. Ginny will share insights on how successful CEOs craft enriching, sustainable careers. From personal and professional renewal to peer networks and more, Ginny will address the arc of the CEO’s career with her unique perspective.
Throughout the retreat, you will have the opportunity for peer exchanges and discussions of the real-life situations that you experience, and to design plans and approaches to bring back to your foundation for stronger results. Activities will include:
- Reflective practice: work with your peers to identify and explore your distinct challenges
- Create a family foundation CEO “role deck”: compare the various roles you play with others in the field, based on research with family foundation CEOs
- Tutorial: review organizational theory about characteristics of role and the relationship of self-in-role
- Test Drive: apply an analytic framework to your challenges and opportunities
Registration limited to 20 attendees.
$100 discount is available if you are registering for both the NCFP CEO Retreat and the Family Foundations Forum, sponsored by SECF and PSW.
To access this special registration rate DO NOT REGISTER BELOW. Please email Michael at email@example.com and include your name, title, phone number, and organization.
Virginia M. Esposito
Virginia M. Esposito, is the founding president of the National Center for Family Philanthropy. In January…View Profile
Gayle Williams brings 30 years of leadership and management experience in philanthropy and nonprofits. After 19…View Profile
Jan Jaffe worked at the Ford Foundation for thirty years in a variety of positions– in…View Profile