Think through the types of funding you might offer, gift size, duration, and exiting a relationship.
Once you have developed confidence in an organization in your focus area, you will want to consider how best to support it. This chapter gives an overview of the basics of making gifts and answers these common questions:
- What are the different types of gifts I can make?
- When should I make unrestricted gifts to an organization? When should I make gifts restricted to particular projects or programs?
- Why is it important to pay actual indirect (overhead) costs?
- What size gifts should I make under what circumstances?
- How can I administer and track my giving?
- How long should my gift last?