This Content Collection features NCFP research, webinars, and additional resources to use as your foundation or family considers its overall strategy and approach to philanthropy.
Developing or Renewing Your Foundation Strategy
Foundation strategy encompasses the philosophical and practical considerations of a family’s philanthropy. What values does the family share, and how do they translate those values into their giving? How do the staff and board make the choices needed to develop a strategy that achieves impact and reflects the family’s vision?
Many foundations develop or reassess their strategy through a strategic planning process. The samples of family foundation strategic plans below show the wide range
- Strategic Framework 2019 to 2021 (McKnight Fdn)
- Strategic Plan (Ahrens Foundation, 2017 2019)
- Family Foundation Strategic Plan Template (NCFP, 2017)
- Strategic Plan (Overbrook Foundation, 2016)
- Strategic Framework (Wilburforce Fdn, 2014 to 2025)