Throughout my career, I’ve been interested in helping investors use the power of their investment capital to positively influence social and environmental issues. I developed and co-authored “Take Two: A Journal for New Beginnings” published by Chronicle Books and wrote “Finding Your Way to the Right Impact Investment Advisor: A Resource Guide” for Confluence Philanthropy. At ValuesAdvisor I bring my understanding of the power of resilience to investors and investing.
Addressing the world’s most pressing issues will require harnessing the power of all investment capital—including the corpus of foundations. While allocating 5% (the minimum required by law) of your foundation’s resources to support its mission can result in powerful solutions and social change, imagine if the remaining 95% were invested to further your goals and objectives? Values-aligned investing, an umbrella… Read More
Making Sense of Impact Investing
Posted on December 12, 2016 by Kate Simpson
You’ve seen the research: financial returns need not be sacrificed for environmental or social objectives. You recognize the possible benefit of using your foundation’s investment capital to ameliorate the same pressing social and environmental issues currently targeted by your grant strategy. You hear people in the mainstream financial services industry throwing around the term “impact investing,” but wonder how it might apply to your own foundation’s investment portfolio… Read More
We’re here to equip you with the tools you need to make a meaningful impact. Contact NCFP for support!
Keep up with trends in family philanthropy. Subscribe to our newsletter!
Gain access to personalized support and a network of peers. Join our community!