The National Center for Family Philanthropy’s signature Trustee Education Institute is a unique learning opportunity for family foundation board members. This peer convening provides a comprehensive overview of the issues family foundation boards must grapple with, including ethical and legal considerations, family dynamics, next-gen engagement, and grantmaking. With a mix of both plenary and interactive breakout sessions, the Institute is an opportunity to get familiar with best practices, build your leadership skills, and connect with other philanthropists.
Institute sessions feature the perspectives of donors, family members, and sector experts in an environment that fosters both confidential and candid discussions. Attendees must be board or staff members at a family philanthropy or executives who attend with a board member.
2021 Trustee Education Institute | Virtual
- Regan Pritzker, The Libra and Kataly Foundations
- Valerie Rockefeller, Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- Eboo Patel, Interfaith Youth Core
- Betsy Erickson, Arabella Advisors
2020 Trustee Education Institute | Virtual
- Liesel Pritzker Simmons, Blue Haven Initiative
- Irene Pritzker, IDP Foundation
- Jean Case, Case Impact Network and Case Foundation
- Dimple Abichandani, General Service Foundation
2018 Trustee Education Institute | Washington, DC
- Skip Moore, Weaver Foundation
- Kelly Nowlin, Surdna Foundation
- June Wilson, Quixote Foundation
- Holli Rivera, Intentional Philanthropy
2016 Trustee Education Institute | Washington, DC
- Nat Chioke Williams, Hill-Snowdon Foundation
- Jan Jaffe, Philanthropy Northwest
- Sarah Stranahan, Stranahan Foundation
- David Dodson, MDC
2014 Trustee Education Institute | Washington, DC
- Susan Packard Orr, David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Glen Galaich, Stupski Foundation
- Ami Aronson, Bernstein Family Foundation
- Mary Phillips, GMA Foundations
We’re here to equip you with the tools you need to make a meaningful impact. Contact NCFP for support!
Keep up with trends in family philanthropy. Subscribe to our newsletter!
Gain access to personalized support and a network of peers. Join our community!