NCFP is happy to support this transition and we recommend the following resources to help you get started:
- This article: Good governance: How should family foundation boards spend their time? by Phil Henderson of the Surdna Foundation
- This webinar, Demystifying Decision Making, from September 2016 featuring Ellie Frey Zagel, a 3rd Generation Trustee of her family’s foundation, the Frey Foundation, Lori Kuhn, executive director of the Morgan Family Foundation, and Ann Shulman, a facilitator, mediator and trainer with twenty years of organizational development experience
- This webinar, Becoming a Successful Board Chair, from February 2017 featuring Nancy J. Cable, President, and Dow Davis, Chairman of the Board, of the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations, Susan Briggs, Chair of The Flora Family Foundation, and Alice Buhl, Senior Fellow to the National Center for Family Philanthropy.
- This blog post, Why Your Board Chair Needs a Job Description, from NCFP’s President, Ginny Esposito
- NCFP’s most recent publication, Splendid Legacy 2: Creating and Re-Creating Your Family Foundation